|Samsung Galaxy W|
However, Rooting your Samsung GALAXY W i8150 violates the guarantee policy of Samsung and will void the warranty. It may also cause your phone to brick or not function anymore. I will not be responsible or liable for any damage it may result to your phone. Root at your own risk!
So far, rooting rarely causes trouble so not too worry about that. Besides, if you want to reclaim your warranty just unroot again your device and you'll be safe.
It's easy to root or unroot the device. First download 2 required files on the links given. Let's start!
1. Download update.zip to root your phone.
2. Do not extract the file. Connect your Galaxy W i8150 to your computer and copy the update.zip to your phone’s SD card.
3. After copying the file, completely turn off your phone.
4. Turn On your phone again by pressing Volume Up + Home Button + Power button all together and wait for the Android with a box logo to appear. This will enter Recovery Menu.
5. Once in Recovery Menu, choose apply update from sdcard using the volume up and down as scroll and home button as enter key.
6. Find and choose the download update.zip and confirm using home button.
7. Wait until it finishes updating and reboot your phone.
8. Congrats! You have now rooted your Samsung Galaxy W i8150.
To check if you’re phone is rooted, look for the SuperUser app icon in Menu.
1. Delete superuser.apk in /system/app.
2. Download the unroot.zip.
3. After you have downloaded the file, copy it to your phone’s micro SD and simply do the same procedure no. 3-7 above.
That’s it! You’re phone should be unrooted and the SuperUser icon should now be removed.